You may be a candidate for the CO2 laser. This treatment solves problems such as aging, wrinkled or sun-damaged skin. You are a candidate if you are interested in improving skin tone, texture, and appearance. This treatment is effective without surgery. Find out if you are a candidate for CO2 laser resurfacing.
CO2 laser resurfacing can help smooth wrinkles. It can also reduce age spots and diminish the appearance of scars. It can improve skin tone and give you healthier-looking skin by stimulating collagen production.
Before undergoing CO2 laser treatment, discuss your goals with your qualified physician. Meet the medical staff at Vive Medical Spa in Tijuana.
They have the certification and experience to achieve the best results. They know what you will need to achieve your goals. They also know how to get beauty results to help you achieve harmonious and lovely results.
A thorough evaluation will determine if you are an ideal candidate for the procedure.
Conditions to be a candidate for CO2 laser include the following:
∙ You have skin damage that requires effective treatment that triggers renewal.
∙ If you have a light skin tone the treatment will be faster and more effective. This is because the laser works best when there is a contrast in tone in the skin.
∙ If your skin is dark, the doctor will advise you to get good results with this or another treatment.
∙ You have the necessary time. Either for a strong treatment (ablative), which requires a few days of skin recovery. Or with a soft treatment (fractional) but repeated several times. The doctor will offer you the best options according to your skin and your goals.
∙ People with medium skin tones (neither too dark nor too light) may benefit from a fractional CO2 laser. This system works on small areas at low intensity.
∙ Your Vive Spa Medical doctor will determine the best intensity for your skin type and needs.
∙ You have moderate skin damage caused by age or other factors.
∙ You want to eliminate various skin imperfections, such as blemishes, freckles, or small acne scars.
∙ You have a good or stable health condition. The doctor will evaluate your history to recommend the best system for you.
Benefits of CO2 Laser
CO2 laser treatment can benefit the skin in many ways, including:
1. improve skin tone and texture: CO2 laser skin resurfacing can help reduce wrinkles, uneven pigmentation, sun spots, age spots, and other forms of discoloration. It also helps improve the overall tone and texture of the skin. The result is a smoother, brighter, and more youthful appearance.
2 Reduction of acne scars: CO2 laser skin resurfacing can treat mild to moderate acne scars. It works by stimulating collagen production in the deeper layers of the skin. The results improves the skin texture and reduces the appearance of scars.
3. Treatment of precancerous skin lesions: CO2 laser skin resurfacing treats actinic keratosis, a precancerous lesion caused by sun damage. The heat from the laser helps to destroy the cells responsible for the lesion. Besides, it prevent further growth of abnormal tissue.
4. Rejuvenation of aging skin: CO2 laser skin resurfacing can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of aging. It works by stimulating collagen production in the deeper layers of the skin. That helps to firm and smooth the surface.
5. Tattoo removal: CO2 laser skin resurfacing can be used to remove unwanted tattoos. The heat from the laser breaks up the ink particles, allowing them absorption by the body. This can help lighten the tattoo and eventually make it disappear.
6. Wart removal – CO2 laser skin resurfacing can remove warts resistant to other treatments. The heat from the laser helps destroy the virus that causes the wart, eliminating it from the skin.
7. Rosacea improvement: CO2 laser skin resurfacing reduces redness, flushing, and other signs of rosacea. It works by reducing inflammation and stimulating collagen production in the deeper layers of the skin. That improves overall texture and tone.
Overall, CO2 laser skin resurfacing is a safe and effective way to improve skin tone, texture, and appearance. It can help reduce wrinkles, acne scars, discoloration, actinic keratosis, and other signs of aging.
In addition, it removes tattoos and warts and improves symptoms of rosacea.
Discuss your goals and expectations with a board-certified dermatologist before undergoing any type of laser skin resurfacing treatment.
Ablative and fractional CO2 laser candidates
The CO2 laser system is good for almost all skin types with some damage. Its action consists of a stream of laser energy charged with CO2 gas. It is a system that began to be used several decades ago in the world of aesthetic medicine. This allows a wide medical experience on its application and its effects.
There are two application systems: ablative and fractional CO2 laser.
The first is a high-performance system. A heating current generates the destruction of damaged tissues. The fractional CO2 laser has lower intensity applied on fractions of the skin. In both cases, the system breaks down the damaged part of the skin. Besides, it generates the production of collagen and elastin.
Collagen allows the production of young and fresh skin, while elastin provides elasticity.
Ablative CO2 laser
-The best candidate for ablative CO2 laser is a person with fair skin.
-Light skin is not at risk of compromising other healthy areas of the skin.
-Because it is an intense heat process, fewer sessions will be necessary.
-The patient will have to stay longer in recovery.
-Care must be more severe to avoid damage.
-The results are fast and long-lasting.
-Generally, the patient should not have the treatment again until one year later.
Fractional CO2 laser.
-The best candidate for fractional CO2 laser is a person with a medium skin tone.
-The treatment is with more gentle but repeated heat. This avoids damaging other healthy areas of the skin.
-The heat is gentle and the treated area is smaller, so more sessions are required.
-No long recovery time is necessary and the patient can continue with normal activities.
-Care is minor, although you must use sunscreen and protective creams.
-Results are fast but have a shorter duration.
-The patient may need the treatment again after three or four months.
Come to Vive Spa Medical Tijuana
Meet the best aesthetic doctors at Vive Medical Spa in Tijuana. The VIVE doctors can evaluate if you are a candidate for the CO2 laser. Their evaluation allows them to determine the type of damage to your skin and the best way to resolve it.
Call now to schedule!